About Annastasia Salon
"Our Mission is to encourage, inspire, educate and support our guests and one another."
Our philanthropy unites our team. It reminds all of us that the world is bigger than us, bigger than our circle of friends and family and it bonds us together in a positive way. We take pride in knowing that our salon company stands for more than just beauty on the outside.
Annastasia Salon is a family company with a big heart. 4 generations ago their Great Grandma was a stylist during the Great Depression. She taught their Grandfather “Huff” how to be a hairdresser and he went on to purchase a beauty supply company. He sold their company to their son Vince in 1976. Vince met a hair stylist at a hair show named Shelley and the two of them had 7 kids. In 2006 Luke, Keith (Luke’s eldest brother), and Vince Huffstutter acquired Annastasia Salon and started the next beauty industry chapter. And that was only the beginning, In 2008 they purchased Summit Salon Academy in Tigard with their youngest sibling Chris, and in 2021 they opened a second salon location in Lake Oswego.
Today we are proud of the storms we have weathered and the feats we have accomplished together. Our president, Luke Huffstutter, would be the first to say that the success of the salon has everything to do with the incredible employees
that make us who we are. We love our employees! We have worked hard to continuously fine-tune a business model that has created some of the biggest stylists success stories in Portland. Wanting to create as many opportunities for growth as possible, we currently have 5 employees in leadership positions who have become partners in the salon. It makes us happy to have so many employees excited about our future.
The Huffstutters have generations of experience bringing community together in the industry. Their belief in the opportunities hairdressing can offer to the client and to the service provider is essential to what makes Annastasia Salon so special. When we care for the team like family, the team can then in turn, feel empowered to create an exceptional experience for the guests
Education is the only way to ensure that our team and company remain relevant and in demand. This is why, when it comes to our team, we put our money where our mouth is. Not only do we pay for our team to attend in-house educational events, but we also provide an Education Bank that each level is allowed to withdraw from to attend outside educational events.
Annastasia Salon believes in giving back to the community that supports us. This is why we require and pay our team to do a five-hour shift at one of our community service events. Our best- known event is our Cut-A-Thon during Multnomah Days in the Village. Since 2010 we have raised over $30,000 for Neighborhood House. They support families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable. seniors, and children who need help in school. The programs are catered to help low-income and other
vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability, and independence.
We believe that if we take great care of our staff they will take amazing care of you. Our staff retention is in the top 5% of salons nationwide. Here are some of the ways we build a wonderful career for our team:
● Health Care – We help them take care of themselves and their families.
● Performance-Based Promotions – It is their life, we put them in control.
● 1 on 1 Coaching – Monthly mentoring to support them in any way.
● Create Your Own Education – Individual funds to pay for classes of their choice.
● Yearly Staff Retreat – Empowers are a team to bond and connect.
● Virtual Team Meetings – We take time to celebrate everyone’s success and stay up to date all from the comfort of their home.
● Support Staff – Our receptionists give the staff confidence that there is always someone available for their guests. That means they can take a day off knowing you will be taken care of.
● 4 Hands-on Classes a year – World class education for every level of stylist
● Employee Owned – We believe the team who has helped us should be rewarded for their work. When stylists hit specific goals they have an opportunity to become a salon shareholder. Currently we have 6 staff who have become partners.
● And so much more